Pulled Avocado Chicken, 285 Calories, a Perfect Meal as Summer Approaches
We learned about a recipe that would help anyone reach their fitness goals. Summer is just around the corner and pool parties will be in full swing. It’s hard to resist when the heat is consistently above 100 degrees outside and all your friends are drinking ice cold beer or trashcan punch by the pool.
This meal, a perfect fit for multiple occasions has become a considerable favorite. Introduced to us by a Downtown Cityside CrossFitter and health guru, Reagan Vance, we thought we’d share the step by step process for this delicious delight. Feel free to thank Reagan on Instagram for her generosity in sharing!
First, you’ll need a few basic items.
- 1 Package Simple Truth chicken breasts (or other trusted brand), a package of 3 individually wrapped breasts.
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Avocado
- Dijon Mustard
- Poppyseed Mustard
Step by Step (what a great 80’s song)
As you pull out the chicken breasts from the fridge, you’ll want to get the oven ready. We bake chicken ’round here.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts side by side on a foiled cooking sheet (makes for super quick clean-up).
- Sprinkle with your favorite seasonings. Today we went with Tony’s Creole.
- Once the oven is pre-heated, place the chicken breasts in the oven and leave to bake for 40-45 minutes. Once cooked, pull them out to cool.
- As you are waiting for your chicken breasts to cool, dice up your red onion and cut your avocado in half to discard of the seed.
- Shred the chicken up and place into a bowl. Spoon in the avocado and diced red onions.
- Mix in a good squeeze of poppyseed mustard and dijon mustard. Reagan tells us to use just enough to make the chicken moist.
- Mix together these ingredients and you’re done. Place in the fridge and eat as a snack or for a whole meal.
C for Chasing Houston!